Sunday, May 19, 2013

Organizing the Kitchen Pantry

Pantry before organizing.
 
 
For some reason the kitchen pantry in any house always seems to get unorganized and messy. When I took the picture above I had been very busy out of the house for 3 weeks and the pantry just got out of control. After one day at home and devoting my 2 hour kitchen cleaning spree this is how my pantry looks today.
 
 
 
 Organized, clean and filled. But for the past 20 years I have kept my kitchen pantry filled with all my cooking needs, cleaned and organized except for these 3 weeks I was so busy. My secret in keeping it nicely arranged is that every Monday morning from 5am to 7am, I devote all that time to cleaning my kitchen well. I not only clean the entire kitchen but I also clean well the pantry, restocking it and organizing it. The pantry gets refilled with food from my year supply of food that I have in my food storage.
 
Here is my gluten free specialty flours, some sugars and grains that are well kept in a netted shoe hanger on the side wall. These hangers are not only made to house shoes, but they are also great for small items in the bathroom and the inside of the bedroom doors. They house nicely socks, scarfs and gloves. In my kitchen pantry they house nicely my small cooking items.  

 
Glass jars can keep pasta, rice and grains from going bad. I purchased these tall glass jars at Goodwill for .50 cents and $1.00...great buys.

 
In my kitchen my glass jars house my granola and brown sugar.
 



 
 

 
Organizing the kitchen pantry helps keep all your food items at your reach and easy to find.
Have a great week.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment